Age: 48 Years
Father: Amjad Khan
Wife: Rumana Khan
|Famous for||Being the son of the late Bollywood actor Amjad Khan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 178 cm
in meters– 1.78 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 10”
Film (Child actor): Pyaari Bhabhi (1985)
Film: Betaabi (1997) as Shekhar
Web series: Scam 1992: The Harshad Mehta Story (2020) as Ajay Kedia (A. K.)
|Date of Birth||20 September 1973 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||48 Years|
|Birthplace||Bombay (Now Mumbai), Maharashtra, India|
|School||Maneckji Cooper Education Trust School Mangelwadi, Juhu, Mumbai|
|Relationships & More|
Father– Late Amjad Khan (actor)
Mother– Shehla Khan
Grandfather– Jayant aka Zakaria Khan (actor)
Grandfather– Akhtar ul Iman (writer, actor, director)
Grandmother– Sultana Iman
Paternal uncle– Imtiaz Khan (actor, airector), Inayat Khan (actor)
Maternal uncle– Ramish Iman (actor)
Brother– Seemaab Khan (cricketer)
Sister– Ahlam Khan (actress)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shadaab Khan
- Shadaab Khan is an Indian actor, director, writer, and author. He is the son of the late Bollywood actor Amjad Khan.
- He was born and brought up in Bombay (now Mumbai).
Shadaab Khan’s childhood photo with his father
- His family is of Afghani Pashtun descent.
- Interestingly, it was Shadaab Khan’s birthday, 20 September 1973, when Amjad Khan signed the Bollywood film Sholay in which he played the iconic role of Gabbar Singh. In an interview, Shadaab revealed that Amjad didn’t have money to discharge his mother Shaila Khan from the hospital. He added that film producer Chetan Anand helped him with Rs. 400.
- In 1985, at the age of 12, he appeared in the Hindi film Pyaari Bhabhi as a child artist. In 1997, at the age of 24, he appeared in the Hindi film Betaabi as Shekha.
- Reportedly, in 1997, he had to make his debut with Vinod Khanna‘s film Himalay Putra; however, due to some reasons, he could not make his debut with this film.
- In 1997, he played the lead role in the Bollywood film Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat alongside Rani Mukerji in which he played the role of Raj.
Shadaab Khan with Rani Mukerji in Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat
- In 2000, he played the role of Altaf Tailor in the Hindi film Hey Ram. In the same year, he appeared in the Bollywood film Refugee as Shadab J. Mohammad.
- In 2002, he played the role of Aslam Marzban in the Bollywood film Bharat Bhagya Vidhata following which he did not appear in any film for 17 years. In 2019, he made his comeback with the Hindi film Romeo Akbar Walter in which he played the role of Nawab Afridi.
- In 2013, he wrote a book titled Shanti Memorial.
Shanti Memorial by Shadaab Khan
- In 2015, he wrote a novel titled Murder in Bollywood; it’s a crime novel based on the life of his father, Amjad Khan.
Shadaab Khan with a copy of his novel Murder in Bollywood
- In an interview, Shadaab Khan revealed that many people in the film industry had borrowed money from his father, Amjad Khan, and after his demise, barely a few came forward to return the borrowed money, while most of them confiscated the borrowed money, and they never came forward to return the same. Shadaab added that once a gangster called them and told his mother that he wanted to return Rs. 1.25 crores that his father had lent to many people in the industry; however, his mother refuted taking the help from a gangster. According to Shadaab, it was his mother’s strong conviction that saved the family from the evil tactic of the gangster.